Tel: 01932 245439
Etched Brass Kit. Two firsts were built in 1879 and on takeover by the Isle of Man Railway were renumbered N40 and N41. No.1 was largely unmodified, although reduced to third class in 1920. It is now privately preserved. No.2 was rebuilt internally in 1902 and reclassified as a third saloon. In 1964 the body was brought to Douglas and mounted on a concrete base as the engine shed mess room. Originally painted a dull green (as a mess hut), it was repainted in the later MNR livery in 1992 and the following year regained its number N41. It has now been removed for private preservation. Designed for 21mm gauge track. Slaters 21mm gauge wheels and Roxey lost wax brass chopper couplings needed to complete and can be supplied.